Westminster & City of London Liberal Democrats is Looking for a new Local Party Organiser
Title: Local Party Organiser
Salary: c. £20,000
Westminster Liberal Democrats are looking for a Local Party Organiser to help it meet its potential. In the 2019 European election the Liberal Democrats took more votes than the other main parties combined in the borough with a large membership and the opportunity to make your mark. Westminster comprises two parliamentary seats – one Labour, one Conservative – with a Conservative council, with Labour opposition.
There will be a lot of campaigning to do but we need someone who can do all the work necessary to support that. You will be a self starting and dynamic person able to support on all facets of local party management including volunteer activation, member engagement, communication, website maintenance, literature creation and more. Working with the Executive and membership, you will help to shape and support the local party as it grows and prepares for elections.
You’ll be smart, organised, a self-starter who makes things happen and gets things done. Who’s in command of social media, understands issues, makes the most of technology, picks up the phone to members and can stay on top of a campaign.
Whatever the election, together with our chair, the Executive and the candidates, the right organiser will be at the beating heart. You’ll contribute, be valued, and help to make the difference.
The role is based in an office in the West Hampstead/Kilburn area in a shared office with the opportunity to work from home on occasion.
- Work with the campaigns team to build local capacity and shape the party’s campaigning
- Increase party membership and renewal of lapsed members
- Regularly communicating with supporters and members
- Organising and running both social and campaigning events
- Produce literature and digital content
- Organise and promote relevant training for activists in campaigning techniques
- Co-ordinate a programme of regular voter identification and engagement
- Support the maintenance of the campaigns and membership databases
- Provide support to the Executive in their work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised and used to taking initiative or working as part of a team
- Able to balance competing priorities
- Experience of political campaign
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with tools used by the Liberal Democrats, including Connect, NationBuilder, Salesforce and PagePlus as well as social media.
Closing date: Friday August 23rd
Please send CV and covering letter to Helen Davies at email@example.com including "Party Organiser Role" in the subject line.
The ideal candidate would be able to start in mid-September.