Chuka's Five Point Plan
A brighter future for the Cities of London & Westminster
1. Stop Brexit
- To provide a £50bn Remain bonus.
- To safeguard jobs, local businesses and free movement for the Cities of London & Westminster.
2. Support for renters
- Help people who cannot afford a deposit by introducing a new Rent to Own model.
- Promote longer tenancies of three years or more to give families who rent stability and security in the Cities of London & Westminster.
3. Cut crime
- £1bn for community policing, enough for 2 extra police officers in every ward in the country.
- Invest in youth services and youth workers to tackle the root causes of knife crime and youth violence in the Cities of London & Westminster and repair the damage done by this Tory government.
4. Invest in our NHS
- An extra penny-in-the-pound on Income Tax to meet the immediate priorities in social care.
- Reverse Tory cuts to public health funding
- Boost spending on mental health services in hospitals like St. Barts.
5. Act on air pollution
- Ensure all cars sold are electric by 2030 at the latest, to cut emissions in the Cities of London & Westminster.
- Reverse Tory government cuts to electric vehicle subsidies.
- Significantly increase investment in electric vehicle infrastructure, including charging points.
Find out more about Chuka's record in Parliament.
Find out more about Chuka and who he is.